One of my absolute favorite apps on the iPad is JamUp. The amp modeling and effects are top notch, and the variety of possible sound is endless. Today I wanted to create something using only layers of ukulele. Everything here was played through JamUp and recorded into Cubasis. There’s a few timing issues, but overall I’m quite happy with the result.
I started with a dark tremolo fingerpicking pattern, which I double tracked and panned left/right (only one track is heard here).
I added an acoustic strum in the same voicing as the finger picking, which I also ended up double tracking.
Then I played a simpler, higher strum pattern with an eigth note filtered delay.
Finally, I added a very simple distorted lead line.
Once everything was mixed, I aded a few tweaks in Final Touch.