I took the morning off from work today since both kids are in summer camp, which means I was able to spend several hours making some music. This is what I ended up with:
As usual, this was all done on the iPad, mostly in Cubasis. Here’s a breakdown of what’s going on:
- I started with two ukulele tracks. One acoustic using JamUp, which has some very nice acoustic modeling amps. The more electric track was recorded through ToneStack, a new amp simulator app which is also pretty amazing (and probably worth it’s own post).
- The bass part was also recorded through JamUp. With more time I’d probably redo this - it ended up being a little bit too “clicky”.
- Piano is iGrand Piano (I never use anything else).
- After I had most of the instruments done, I decided it needed some drums, so I created a part in DM1, which is nice because it has the ability to sequence patterns together instead of just making one loop.
- Mixing was all done in Cubasis, then some final tweaking in Final Touch.